What procedures might be needed to restore multiple teeth?
Snap-On Full Mouth Implants
Overdentures, also known as snap-on full mouth dental implants, are dental prostheses that snap onto the implants and may be removed by the wearer.
Pros of Snap-On Full Mouth Dental Implants:
- Easy to maintain
- Cheaper than fixed options
- Lighter materials that function as a cushion and do not contribute as much to bone loss.
Cons of Snap-On Full Mouth Dental Implants:
- Because the materials are thicker, you won’t be able to taste food as well.
- The materials aren’t as durable as fixed implants.
Fixed Bridge Restorations
Fixed bridge restorations are permanently linked to 4-8 implants in the upper and lower jaws. Fixed bridge restorations include fixed hybrid bridges, fixed zirconia bridges, and All-on-4.
Pros of Fixed Bridge Restorations:
- The support is sturdier when eating.
- The materials are longer-lasting.
- The materials are thinner, which results in better flavor.
Cons of Fixed Bridge Restorations:
- Fixed bridge restorations are more costly than other forms of restorative care.
- Fixed bridge restorations are hard to clean.
Teeth Shape, size and color considerations
Shape and Size
Would you like your teeth to be longer or shorter than they are now? Do you like rounded or squared teeth? Consider the size and shape of your teeth because you will be wearing them for the rest of your life. Make certain that your grin is precisely as you want it to be. Your dentist will provide a recommendation, but the final decision is yours. Bring a reference photo if you prefer your old teeth or believe someone else’s teeth would work for you. When I you offer your dentist something to work with, they will provide the greatest outcomes.
Most individuals don’t even consider the color of their teeth when they get full mouth restorations. They don’t have to stick with their natural tooth color. They have the option of not having ultra white, synthetic teeth. You may pick the precise shade of white you desire for your teeth when you receive a smile makeover.
Every dentist has a collection of color swatches on hand. Feel free to look at the color samples so you can choose the hue you desire. It is recommended to view the color in neutral lighting since artificial illumination might disguise the genuine hue, resulting in an unexpected result.