Dental Implants – Permanent New Teeth
WHAT IS DENTAL IMPLANT?
Dental implants are titanium screws of various shapes and sizes (diameter & length) that are rooted in the jawbone. After they are placed, they then are given time to heal and fuse with the jawbone during a process called osseointegration. Once the posts are securely embedded in the jawbone, a process which will take three to six months, then the dental restoration is placed.
The titanium post is secured in the jawbone by following the proper diagnostic and surgical procedures without causing the patient any discomfort. These restorations most often provide the best replacement for a missing tooth. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth, or for or multiple teeth. They are an excellent option to help secure and support dentures as well.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
A UNIQUE APPROACH USING ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE YOUR DENTAL HEALTH.
- Evens out irregular pressure on bite and teeth after tooth loss
- Help maintain bone level in and surrounding the artificial roots
- Restores natural face shape for improved appearance
- Avoid gum recession around the new teeth
- Restores natural functions of biting, chewing and speaking
- Preparation (grinding down) of adjacent natural teeth on each side of the gap is not required
- Each new tooth is personalized to look and feel natural
- No need for daily removal or special cleaning
- The teeth-in-a-day technique allows the new tooth or teeth to be placed the same day as your extractions
- With proper care they can last a lifetime
AM I A CANDIDATE?
- Potential candidates should practice regular oral hygiene maintenance.
- Patients with diabetes or those who take any other systemic medication can still get new permanent teeth, as long as the condition is under control and will not lead to any type of dental surgery risk.
- Patients should have enough dense jaw bone available; if not, then artificial bone graft needs to be placed at the potential surgical site.
- Patients must not have any kind of periodontal disease.
- Patients must not smoke, or they should be willing to give up smoking, particularly during the Osseointegration stage (when the titanium roots are fusing with the jawbone).
- Patient should have good general health.
- Patient should be motivated to practice healthy lifestyle habits, a regular oral hygiene regimen, and routine post-surgical dental visits.
WHY ARE THEY NEEDED?
- When teeth are extracted the bone begins resorbing naturally, the artificial roots mimic the stimulation given by natural tooth roots and therefore helps to prevent bone loss or resorption.
- Tooth loss can affect both the function of eating food and facial appearance.
- Adjacent teeth can be affected by the gap left from a lost tooth since it will cause the teeth to shift and therefore makes the mal-aligned teeth more vulnerable to breaking or cracking.
- To avoid supra-eruption of natural teeth in the opposite arch from the lack of antagonist teeth.
NOT RECOMMENDED IF:
- The patient has certain medical conditions that may create severe postoperative complications during surgery, like heart disease.
- Patient is currently receiving any treatment for cancer or certain bone diseases.
- Patient following certain immunosuppressive therapy required for any organ transplant.
- They are not recommended for children since their jawbones are not fully developed yet.
DENTAL IMPLANTS PROCEDURE
The permanent tooth procedure requires that either one, or multiple (depending on how many teeth are being replaced) titanium posts are placed into the jawbone with pressure controlled drills.
Some patients may need some preparatory procedures before the procedure can be done. For example, if a patient has a deficient or weak jawbone, a bone graft may be needed to enhance the patient’s jawbone and create a supportive foundation for the placement. Bone grafting will affect your time frame for the procedure since it will take 6 to 9 months for the bone to heal properly.
If bone grafting is not possible, then such patients can get mini dental implants which are thinner in diameter than conventional ones. Because of their smaller size and shape, they can be placed in a smaller amount of bone.
It usually takes from 4 to 6 months for the bone and gums to fuse around the new artificial root during a process called Osseointegration.
During recovery, the patient will have many appointments with the dentist to evaluate the overall healing of surgical location.
In the meanwhile, the dental lab will create customized restoration which should be ready to be placed as soon as site is healed completely.
Dental Implants Cost
Dental implant costs can be manageable. Call us to help you make dental implants affordable within your budget.
DENTAL IMPLANTS POST SURGERY CARE
- Usually any discomfort goes away within the first 24 to 48 hours.
- You can decrease your healing time with pain medication and moist heat.
- You should eat soft foods for the first few days and avoid strenuous physical activity.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and brush gently to avoid opening up the sutures.
- Use a special mouthwash to help get rid of oral bacteria.
- You should also swish your mouth with warm salt water several times a day.
- Once the gums are healed completely, the patient has to care for your new teeth just like your natural ones. You need to brush them at least twice daily and floss at least once.
- Special brushes and floss can assist with cleaning the hard-to-reach parts of your new teeth.
- Patient should also attend regular exams and cleanings.
- With proper aftercare and hygiene, your new teeth could last a lifetime.
Dr. Jamah provides a wide range of services at our office in Santa Rosa. He has advanced training in permanent tooth restoration and is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. With his experience as a Clinical Instructor at multiple Medical Centers around the San Francisco Bay Area, he has been involved in teaching and training new doctors in dental technology. He has taken advanced courses and stays current by following peer-reviewed scientific literature and attending national conferences around the country.
See us for a free consultation in our Santa Rosa office to review your options. If you are missing a tooth, or maybe struggle with your dentures, this procedure may help to restore your chewing function, and make your smile healthy again. We will review your goals for treatment, and evaluate the gums and bone to see if getting new permanent teeth is right for you. Dr. Jamah proudly serves patients.
Committed to Exceptional Dental Care
Dr. Hani Jamah, DDS
Dr. Hani Jamah is a top-rated and well-respected dental surgeon serving patients of all ages in Santa Rosa, California and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. He has received over 23 years of extensive training throughout his career in addition to attending the Advanced Graduate Post Doctoral Prosthetic Residency program at USC School of Dentistry. He earned his Diplomat then his Mastership in dental implant and Its related surgeries from the International Dental Implant Association.
Dr. Jamah continuously keeps abreast of the latest advances and developments in the field of oral surgery, participating in numerous postgraduate education and special training courses in the field of wisdom teeth, sinus surgeries and bone surgeries. Combining Dr. Jamah’s skilled expertise and compassion as well as his genuine hospitality, patients feel very at ease. He goes to great lengths and passion to make all procedures gentle and comfortable.
Talk to Dr. Jamah
No Pressure 30 Minute Consultation
We lead through patient education. In your consultation, Dr. Jamah will get to know you and your needs. After, he will perform a comprehensive exam to more accurately determine a treatment plan you feel comfortable with.
Unsurpassed Implant Experience
In addition to being a fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Dr. Jamah continues to train other dentists on Dental Implantology.
Cost Effective Treatment
We make sure we have a treatment plan for every budget. We pride ourselves on providing VERY affordable care that is guaranteed to be the highest quality.
- We accept many PPO plans and are preferred providers and in-network with over 13 major insurances.
- 6 – 12 month payment options available
See What Our Patients Says About Us
Simple Payment Options
STRIVING TO MAKE YOUR DENTAL HEALTH AS AFFORDABLE AS IT IS COMFORTABLE.
At Hani Jamah we understand the importance of giving our patients different payment options to better suit their needs.
We accept many PPO plans and are preferred providers and in-network with over 13 major insurances.
Conveniently offer a Membership Plan
6 – 12 month payment options available.
Dr. Jamah uses Dentrix , a leading, state-of-the-art, dental implant treatment planning software. Dr. Jamah can virtually place the dental implants into a digital version of your mouth to determine the perfect implant placement. Ideal implant placement has great looking results that last a long long time. Best of all, it makes the implant placement process a short and straightforward process with the least amount of discomfort and fastest recovery times.
Give our Santa Rosa Dental Surgery office a call at (707) 532-2441 or request a consultation below!