Sedation dentistry or sleep dentistry is the use of pharmacological drugs to relax and soothe a patient both before and during a dental appointment. Dr. Hani Jamah has 22 of experience in this procedure guarantees your procedure will go smoothly.
The clinic is located near Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa, California. Despite the cost, patients choose sedation dentistry to make their treatment more pleasant and less painful. According to the National Library of Medicine, approximately 36% of people in the United States are afraid of dental treatment, with 12% having a severe fear. That should not be the case for you with sedation dentistry because the procedure is completely safe.
Please call (707) 532-2441 to schedule an appointment.
Am I a good Candidate for Sedation dental care?
The type of sedation used is typically determined by the severity of the dental condition and the patient’s fear of dentists.
- Nitrous Oxide – is frequently used for minor procedures because it has the least amount of side effects compared to other sedation methods.Oral Sedation.
- Dentistry – It is commonly used to facilitate dental procedures and reduce patients’ anxiety about them.
- IV Sedation – Intravenous sedation is frequently used in patients with severe dental phobia, intravenous sedation. It provides a patient with genuine relaxation, but it is more expensive than other sedation methods.
- Deep sedation – is mostly used by dentists for special cases such as oral and maxillofacial surgery. Deep sedation makes it difficult to wake you up, and you may need help breathing.
- General anesthesia – is typically used for long operations or those that would be extremely painful otherwise.
How Much Does Sedation in Dentistry Cost in Santa Rosa?
Dental sedation is priced according to the length of time the patient is asleep. Full IV sedation often costs $500 to $1000 per hour. After the first hour, there is an additional $150–$250 every 15 minutes.
Does dental insurance cover Sedation in Dentistry in Santa Rosa?
No. Sedation services are seen as non-essential dental procedures, meaning they are more of a luxury than a need, similar to dental implants and cosmetic dentistry.
How much does Sedation in Dentistry cost without insurance in Santa Rosa?
The average cost of oral conscious sedation in Santa Rosa is $250 to $500 per hour. If you need to remain sedated beyond an hour, you may incur an additional fee.
Is Sedation dental care Safe?
Yes. Sedation dentistry has been proven to be completely safe, and your dentist will closely monitor your vital signs throughout the procedure. Nitrous oxide is usually recognized as the least invasive and safest anesthetic for the majority of patients. Oral sedation, which consists of anti-anxiety medication, is also fully safe.
Why choose Sedation Dentist Dr. Hani Jamah?
At Valley Dental Surgery & Implant Center, Dr. Hani Jamah’s extensive experience with sedation dentistry, he will walk you through what sedation method will suit you best to make sure you’ll have a pleasant and comfortable procedure. Dr. Hani Jamah, a licensed Santa Rosa sedation dentistry dentist, offers complimentary consultations to determine the cost and how you will proceed with the treatment. His clinic is located near Santa Rosa. Know more about us.
Make an Appointment with Dr. Hani Jamah for Sedation Dentistry near Santa Rosa
* FREE Sedation Dentistry Consultation ($100 Value)
* We Maximize your Insurance so you pay less out of pocket.
Dr. Hani Jamah at Valley Dental Surgery & Implant Center provides sedation dentistry at a cost that our neighbors near Santa Rosa can afford. Call us at (707) 532-2441 to schedule an appointment.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry is the use of pharmacological medicines to calm and relax a patient before and during a dental appointment.
What are the Types of Dental Sedation?
- Laughing Gas – Nitrous Oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a safe anesthetic used in dentistry. Because of the nitrous oxide and oxygen combination, it is simply inhaled and exhaled during dental treatment to spread a calming, peaceful sensation throughout the body.
- Oral Sedation Dentistry – Oral conscious sedation is a medical procedure in which sedative drugs are administered orally.
- Intravenous (IV) sedation – The sedative medication is administered through a patient’s vein and has a quick effect because it enters the bloodstream directly.
- Deep sedation – Used primarily in specialized cases such as oral and maxillofacial surgery. Deep sedation makes it difficult to wake you up, and you may need help breathing.
- General anesthesia – works by blocking nervous system signals. Anesthesia prevents pain signals from reaching the brain. General anesthesia is typically used for lengthy procedures or those that would be extremely painful otherwise.
How Does Dental Sedation Work?
Depending on the procedure or if the patient is afraid of the dentist, different methods of sedation dentistry may be used.
- Laughing gas – You breathe oxygen and nitrous oxide through a nose mask.
- Oral sedative medication – An hour or so before the start of your procedure, your dentist will administer sedative medication (often in pill form).
- General anesthesia and IV Medication – Anesthesia medications are usually administered by your dentist through an intravenous line in your arm. Long operations or those that would be excruciatingly painful otherwise are performed under general anesthesia.
Sleep Dentistry Near Me in Santa Rosa, California
Are you looking for Sedation dental care near me in Santa Rosa?
About Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa is a city and the county seat of Sonoma County, in the North Bay region of the Bay Area in California. Its estimated 2019 population was 178,127. It is the largest city in California’s Wine Country and Redwood Coast. It is the fifth most populous city in the Bay Area after San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, and Fremont; and the 25th most populous city in California.
Before the arrival of Europeans, what became known as the Santa Rosa Plain was occupied by a strong and populous tribe of Pomo natives known as the Bitakomtara. The Bitakomtara controlled the area closely, barring passage to others until permission was arranged. Those who entered without permission were subject to harsh penalties. The tribe gathered at ceremonial times on Santa Rosa Creek near present-day Spring Lake Regional Park.
Following the arrival of Europeans, initially Spanish explorers and colonists, the Pomos were decimated by smallpox brought from Europe. Social displacement and disruption followed. By 1900, the Pomo population had decreased by 95%.
Santa Rosa was founded in 1833 and named by Mexican colonists after Saint Rose of Lima. The first known permanent European settlement here was the homestead of the Carrillo family of California, in-laws to Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo, who settled the Sonoma pueblo and Petaluma area. In the 1830s, during the Mexican period, the family of María López de Carrillo built an adobe house on their Rancho Cabeza de Santa Rosa land grant, just east of what later became downtown Santa Rosa. By the 1820s, before the Carrillos built their adobe in the 1830s, Spanish and Mexican settlers from nearby Sonoma and other settlements to the south were known to raise livestock in the area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 41.50 sq mi (107.5 km2). Of that area, 41.29 sq mi (106.9 km2) is land and 0.205 sq mi (0.5 km2), comprising 0.49%, is water. .
The city is in the watershed of Santa Rosa Creek, which rises on Hood Mountain and discharges to the Laguna de Santa Rosa. Tributary basins to Santa Rosa Creek lying significantly in the city are Brush Creek, Matanzas Creek, and Piner Creek. Other water bodies within the city include Fountaingrove Lake, Lake Ralphine, and Santa Rosa Creek Reservoir.
In the United States House of Representatives, Santa Rosa is in California’s 5th congressional district, represented by Republican Tom McClintock. It was moved to the district beginning with the 2013 Congress. In the 1980s, future U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer was Santa Rosa’s representative.
In the California State Legislature, the city is in California’s 2nd State Senate district. The city is split between California’s 2nd and 10th State Assembly districts.
The city’s Mayor is Chris Rogers, its Vice Mayor is Natalie Rogers, and the other five council members are Eddie Alvarez, Victoria Fleming, Jack Tibbits, John Sawyer, and Tom Schwedhelm.
The city council in 2013 adopted a set of “Goals and Strategic Objectives” through 2015 comprising six main goals. A “strong, sustainable” economy topped the list; other goals include showing leadership in environmental and cultural issues, and promoting “partnerships between neighborhoods, community organizations, schools, and the City”.
According to the California Secretary of State, as of February 10, 2019, Santa Rosa has 91,998 registered voters. Of those, 47,905 (52.1%) are registered Democrats, 15,260 (16.6%) are registered Republicans, and 24,012 (26.1%) have declined to state a political party. Source: (Wikipedia)
Committed to Exceptional Dental Care
Dr. Hani Jamah, DDS
Dr. Hani Jamah is a top-rated and well-respected dental surgeon serving patients of all ages in Santa Rosa, California and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. He has received over 23 years of extensive training throughout his career in addition to attending the Advanced Graduate Post Doctoral Prosthetic Residency program at USC School of Dentistry. He earned his Diplomat then his Mastership in dental implant and Its related surgeries from the International Dental Implant Association.
Dr. Jamah continuously keeps abreast of the latest advances and developments in the field of oral surgery, participating in numerous postgraduate education and special training courses in the field of wisdom teeth, sinus surgeries and bone surgeries. Combining Dr. Jamah’s skilled expertise and compassion as well as his genuine hospitality, patients feel very at ease. He goes to great lengths and passion to make all procedures gentle and comfortable.
See What Our Patients Says About Us
Simple Payment Options
STRIVING TO MAKE YOUR DENTAL HEALTH AS AFFORDABLE AS IT IS COMFORTABLE.
At Hani Jamah we understand the importance of giving our patients different payment options to better suit their needs.
We accept many PPO plans and are preferred providers and in-network with over 13 major insurances.
Conveniently offer a Membership Plan
6 – 12 month payment options available.
Give our Santa Rosa Dental Surgery office a call at (707) 532-2441 or request a consultation below!